September Reads & October TBR

Maybe Someday - Colleen Hoover Someday, Someday, Maybe - Lauren Graham Rebel Belle - Rachel Hawkins Finding Cinderella - Colleen Hoover Anna Dressed in Blood - Kendare Blake Ugly Love - Colleen Hoover

Welp, I'm doing this a little early because I know I won't finish a book between now and tomorrow. I also just want October to start already - my favorite month! And September was definitely not the best reading month for me. I only read 5 1/2 books which isn't the worst (although it's my worst number all year) but I just had a hard time getting into books, I'm struggling with some of my current reads, I didn't read any of the books on my TBR, and it was just a blah reading month. HOWEVER, I became obsessed with a certain author (*cough* Colleen Hoover *cough*) so that shown some light on my reading month!! But without further ado, here's what I read!

September Reads

1. Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover (5/5)

- I loved this beautiful emotional book!

(My review)

2. Someday, Someday Maybe by Lauren Graham (4/5)

- I really liked this book and enjoyed it more than I thought I would!

(My review)

3. Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins (3.5/5)

- What a cute enjoyable read that was liking reading an episode of Buffy without the vampires & set in the south!

(My review)

4. Finding Cinderella by Colleen Hoover (4/5)

- This was a cute short love story with an emotional punch!

5. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake (4/5)

- I really enjoyed this book, the main character, and that it reminded me of the show, Supernatural! Looking forward to the sequel!

(review to come)

6. Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover (5/5)

- Another amazing book by Colleen Hoover! I couldn't get enough of her this month and excited to read the rest of her books!! This one was sexy, beautiful, and as expected it just broke my heart!!

(My review)

Favorite Read: Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover - closely followed by Ugly Love!! I am so glad that I started reading her books and need to get my hands on the rest of them! Her writing is so addicting and they are all beautiful emotional romances that I just can't get enough of!! It was a bonus that there was a soundtrack for Maybe Someday by Griffin Peterson and he wrote a song for Ugly Love too! Love the songs and books :)

Least Favorite Read: The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson (listed below in my current reads) I enjoyed all the books I finished in September but I'm struggling with this one!!

Currently Reading:

1. Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson

Only 1/4 of the way through and enjoying so far!

2. Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury

About 1/3 of the way through and I'm liking it just not fully connected with the story. Hope to just finish this one soon!

3. The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson

About a 1/3 of the way through and debating on DNF'ing it. I enjoy the premise and figuring out who is who but I'm just not connected with the story and don't care too much but I don't know if I'm ready to DNF it yet because it may just be I'm either not in the mood for fantasy or it's just hit a lull right now :/

4. A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

Haven't picked this up this month, well I tried but I'm on Dany's chapter and she's my least favorite perspective and I just can't push myself to read it! (Again not in the fantasy mood soo...)

October TBR:

1. Salem's Lot by Stephen King

There will be a readalong for the whole month of October hosted by Penelopes Picks on youtube (she's one of my favorites - check her out by clicking on her name!!) But I'm excited to read another Stephen King!! This one is pretty long but deals with Vampires so that's pretty cool :) Perfect for the month of Halloween!!

2. Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Black

I'm looking forward to this sequel to Anna Dressed in Blood - I heard mostly negative reviews for it but I'm looking forward to seeing what happens and how the duology concludes!

3. The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black

This is on my fall tbr and I've been wanting to read it and check out one of Holly Black's books for awhile so hoping to like it and hoping it's a quick read!

Maybes:

4. Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood

I have this one out from the library - I've heard good things about it (most recently from Kelsie) I'm not sure if I'll get to it but it's about Witches and that intrigues me!!

5. The Secret History by Donna Tartt

This is also on my Fall TBR and I've been in the mood for psychological thrillers so maybe I'll start it in October! It also takes place in college which makes me happy too!

6. The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks

I haven't reread this one yet and I love this one, great for around this time since it's a bit of a thriller :) I need Nicholas Sparks in my life so I hope I can get to this!

I couldn't count how many books I started but put down because I couldn't get into this month!! I started Heir of Fire and read less than 100 pages of it and just had to put it down because I wasn't in the mood for it which is crazy because I could not wait for the book to come out - I'm not sure when I'll get to it either :/ But I figured it's only book 3/6 so I'll have to wait a year for the next one anyway so what's the rush? Right? I also hope I can find a really spooky book to read for October and hoping for a better reading month!

Chat with me :)

How was your reading month?

Was it better or worse than you were expecting?

Have you read any of these?

What was your favorite book of the month? Least favorite?

The book you are most looking forward to reading in October?

Any spooky reads lined up?